The Merrill's

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Creating memories.

Lately I've had the opportunity to do some serious reflecting on my life. Conference this past weekend was perfection for just this. For the first time in my whole life ever-I made it a priority to sit and watch, listen, and take note on every session of this General Conference. 

It wasn't hard, I must add with amazing friends as my wonderful influences. Toni, Em and I drove down Saturday morning and arrived to a homey living room with overstuffed chairs, and a lovely big screen TV to enjoy our counsel with style :). Courtesy of the Frampton household. :) Afterwards we met up with our favorite married couple (Britt and Andy) for some Buffalo Wild Wings. It's new to Davis county and Toni has been raving about it since I've known her. Needless to say-it was a big deal. 

Following our lunch, Toni and I drove up to Ogden to watch the afternoon session at the Donney household. We enjoyed the talks, and felt the undeniable spirit. Without missing a beat-it was then it was off to the Naegle home for dinner, crafts, social hour, donuts, and let's not forget some hair styling. 
I wish I had the picture's of the finished product of our makeovers, courtesy of the cutest 6 year old I know. We looked like a 90's girl band. It was awesome. 

Later that night we drove back to Britt and Andy's, watched scary movies, ate chocolate, and I enjoyed a first class pedicure by Mrs. Donney herself. 

Early the next morning we drove back up to Logan to enjoy breakfast and the next two sessions in our own homes. The love and warmth that radiated through it with the familiar faces and warm food just accentuated the spirit even further. 

It was flawlessness
. Oh, and let's not forget the 4 playoff games that followed that was just a cherry on top. :)

My cute friend Jenn blogged the other day about moments. Moments in our lives that define us, and moments in our lives that we wish to never forget. 

I caught myself this weekend numerous times looking around me at all of the incredible people in my life. I watched how we all interacted with such love. Each one of us contributing to the moment. Everything from the music playing on the drive down-to the syrup on the pancakes the next morning transcribed onto these beautiful memories. 

Often times I've wished that I had a pensive to store my frosty memories in small jars,bringing them out when I have a lesson to teach, or I want a little trip down memory lane. 

Then a song comes on the radio, or a joke is told that brings me back to all of the special times I've been a part of. I taste something that makes me think of my first kiss, or the first time I cried over a boy. 
I'll simply look around me at the incredible people that are in my life-and with them I remember that with all of the experiences I've had whether they be great ones, or kind of crap ones, the most important thing of all sticks out in my overstuffed memory

--I am truly blessed. 


3 comments: