The Merrill's

Sunday, October 14, 2012

YOLO ya'll.

This weekend was anxiously anticipated with a lot of things I was responsible for. 

After working a long Friday night, I woke up Saturday morning to meet up with my 2nd counselor and his wife to buy and gather food for our huge Parent Day linger longer this weekend. 
Stressed? 
Yeah.

I woke up early this morning to preheat 9 ovens to cook 20 lasagnas.

 Thanks to all of the residents of Cobble Creek for letting me creep in early early!!

The relay team that collected them when they were done, and those that sacrificed their Sunday School time to butter garlic bread were literally my saving grace. Can't forget my incredible roommates, neighbors and friends that stayed up late with me Saturday night cutting french bread (and our hands) and woke early this morning to help me preheat ovens.

Man, you should have seen it. It was one for the books. 
Needless to say--it was a success. There was a slight scare about not having enough food towards the end thanks to some very unwelcome crashers, (I will find you) but it ended up being just right! 

Oh, and let's not forget my adorable Gram who didn't quite know what she signed up for by accompanying me today, however ended up being a huge rockstar of a help.

All in all-i'd say a solid day. I love the incredible people that surround me.




On another note-- I had a neat experience today. I was talking to a good friend about his life and the ways he could better it, and how I could help him.
At this moment so many answers to my prayers came flowing through.
I realized that my place in life as of this moment is to be just that--a good friend.

A good friend to my family, to my friends, and even to myself. I lectured him and giving himself a break, and that life is supposed to be fun. It then hit me that I should be taking my own advice.


We ALL do. Enjoy life!
 One of my favorite sayings as of late is the cheesy, overused acronym of 'YOLO'.
It means "You Only Live Once".

I know it kind of sounds like a dorky Chinese fortune cookie saying, but it really helps me.
Yes, it often just helps me justify slacking off and doing fun things rather than being productive, but really; it reminds me that we're supposed to enjoy our lives.

Late night Beto's runs, random dirty thirty dance parties, excessive carbs every now and then and a good cry and chick flick are NECESSARY for a happy life. 
Trust me. Ask my fridge full of pasta and my favorite comfy sweat pants.

So take my advice--skip the gym today, enjoy a hot fudge Sunday and take a walk in the beautiful fall weather. 
Why? 
Because, YOLO. 
THAT'S why.





2 comments:

  1. Hi... just wanted to send ya a shout out and say I love your blog posts and I miss your face. I think I need to see you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too!! I want to see you soon as well!

      Delete