The Merrill's

Sunday, November 18, 2012

How Great Thou Art

Man, I feel like this month has seriously FLOWN by. I was on my school web page earlier looking at assignments that were just graded that I barely turned in the end of October. It felt like it was yesterday!
 
On that note, I also realized how sucky i've been at the whole blogging thing lately. School has been seriously kicking my butt, and i'm not even to finals yet. 

So this post is dedicated to a couple of things. 
First and foremost, my introduction of Les Miserables. 

I am just going to start with; WOW. I have been putting off seeing this play pretty much my whole young adult life, because I was sick and tired of reading dead French guys plays in English. Slowly, however, I have grown up, and realized the amazing meanings behind them. 
Scarlet Pimpernel? Hello. One of my faves. 

However, I finally let some of my friends convince me to get acquainted with Les Mis, seeing as how the movie is coming out over Christmas. 
We started with the Liam Neeson version first so I could familiarize myself with the story line. The absolutely INCREDIBLE story line. However, I didn't understand the hype. To me it was just a clever, feel good story line with some good action in it. 

That was until, I watched the 25th anniversary Broadway edition and was introduced to the best part; the music. Never have I felt the spirit more in a streamlined production. 
I fell in love. 

I have officially jumped on the bandwagon of the freaking-outness of this upcoming movie. 

The second thing I would like to focus on this blog post is my super duper weekend. 

A group of friends and I drove down to St George this weekend to hike Zion and stay with my mom. 
We began Thursday with a very heated viewing of the last Twilight movie. Following Friday with a temple visit, lunch at a cute cafe, shopping, and a viewing of P.S I Love You. Saturday was the big hike day. 

We chose to hike Angel's landing. If you haven't heard anything about this hike, you just need to know one thing: it's hard. 
Hard especially when you're still trying to regain your full recovery. 

However, with the help of my incredible friends, a beautiful view of my Heavenly Father's creations, and the endorphin's that kept me from killing myself...

I had one of the greatest experiences of my life.

Man, the Lord loves us. He truly does. This weekend just aided in my ever growing testimony in that.

I also had the chance to accompany my sweet mother to a very special meeting. She's so great. Super proud of her. It just amazes me how the Gospel and Heavenly Father fits into literally every aspect of our lives. 





No. The rainbow in this picture was not photo-shopped. That's just the magic of Angel's Landing.


These past few days have been superb, and I am so grateful that I get to experience great moments like these with amazing people. 








 

2 comments:

  1. I think you are pretty amazing, even if you don't text me back.. Lol.. I love you very much!

    ReplyDelete