The Merrill's

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Blog Break

I'm major sucking a blogging lately. I find myself having way too many things to blog about, and then having to choose one. 

That's not the point of blogging! I need to be better at it. 
It could have something to do with the fact that I am being bogged down with school lately. Finals are coming up, and it's crunch time. 

Kill me. 

Anyway, my Thanksgiving break was crazy. With family, things are always crazy. I didn't spend it with either of my immediate parents this year, which was weird. However, I found myself bonding with my extended family more than I ever have, and I had a fab time. 

Have you ever heard the expression "Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians"? That is my family to a T. We have enough strong personalities mixed in to run a country. 
Regardless, they're a pretty good time i'd say.

So last night I had a catch up with some of my really good friends. As I was explaining to them how my week had been going, and all of the family, and personal life drama it hit me how over it I had seemed. 

After about a year of sulking about a break up, and letting family drama cripple my happiness, I finally realized how well my scars had healed, and how callused (in a good way) I have become. 

I had some extended family members pay me some pretty high compliments this weekend, and it gave me an opportunity to see how others see me. This is something I often pray for, because i'm usually pretty hard on myself. We all are. 

Anyway, I didn't realize how much of answer to my prayers in ended up being. I had many different strong opinions and personalities circulating around me and through it all, I could feel that quiet, sweet love from my Heavenly Father. 

Truly neat. 

Anyway, i'm back to the grind, but I needed a blog break! :)

Happy upcoming finals to you all, and an even happier upcoming Holiday Season! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment