The Merrill's

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Auld Lang Syne

Happy New Year!!

With the new year comes all of that pressure to write the huge long list of New Years resolutions that you look at maybe 2 months of the year, work on for about 5, and then they go in a drawer, or the back of your journal, and let's be honest--we kind of forget about them. 

Instead of doing that like i've done EVERY year, I decided to something different this year!

First: I wanted to reflect on the bad AND the good of my past year. My last post talked a bit more about this, but mostly I wanted to recognize every thing that happened, with no regrets! 
None of that "Oh but I gained weight!" or "Geez, I shouldn't have dated him."
I am grateful for every. single. thing. that happened to me last year, and i'm going to focus on that!

Second: Instead of a NYE list of to do's and to don't's, I decided to focus on a word. 
One word to shape my year around. One word to create my perfect year. 

Love. 

Fall completely in love with myself..
Further my love in my life..
Understand and work on feeling more love for my Savior and Father in Heaven and make my love for them my most important...
Love my family for all that they are, want to be, and will be...

and who knows? Maybe i'll find a little love for myself. :)

Ahhhh, much more attainable. 
I love that idea. 

Oh, and here's some of my favorite people from 2012! ;)













No comments:

Post a Comment