The Merrill's

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Rant--over. :)

So here's the thing: I need to vent. 

That's what these things are for, right? 

Physiology is hard. My brain wants to just shut down--and i'm not even close to being ready for my exam next Tuesday. Eff..

I'm sitting in my apartments' laundry room using the internet connection because after many phone calls to our managers and the IT guy-the internet still doesn't work for me in the comfort of my own apartment. Slutty.

Online classes are STUPID. Forgive my lack of creative synonyms, but i'm just too over it to care. I have had to write my "professors" numerous amounts of times because either my quizzes won't open, won't submit, or I've been locked out of them for who knows why. Needless to say, this will be my last semester taking them if I can help it.  

Eating healthy and exercising isn't fun. I mean--okay. It's good for me, which in turn could make it fun I guess. If you want to have a good attitude about it anyway. But I know for a fact that my neighbors have hundreds of homemade cinnamon rolls just waiting for me to come and eat, and my stupid self control is getting in the way.

ANNOYED.

Weekends are far away when Monday comes and then they are only 3 days long. Annnnd because I work at the bottom of the totem pole as a "table hostess", my weekends consist of making other peoples weekends enjoyable by serving them so THEY get to relax. 

Twisted? yeah. 

Okay--rant over. 

I am super grateful for a lot of things though, and have incredible people that surround me. I had been thinking this Summer about not moving back up this Semester. Money was tight, things were stressful, and it would have definitely just been the easy way out.

Thanks to a great friend who reminded me that remaining stagnant was not progressing and i'm on this earth to progress, I decided to ignore my reasons for doubt and came up anyway.
Such a blessing. I do miss my friends back home and my family though. 
Love you all!

The other night I had yet another DMC (for those not familiar with the term, it's a Deep Meaningful Conversation--use it. love it.) with my great friend. He reminded me why I was up here and also made a point to tell me that he was very grateful for it as well.

Warmed my heart. I love that boy. 

Man, do I feel better! It's crazy how in just a few minutes of getting your frustrations out can really make you stop and realize how grateful you really should be for all of the incredible blessings in your life. 

Plus, i'm rockin' my bicycle skirt today, had a delicious mac-n-cheese lean cuisine for lunch, caught up on my shows, and have plenty of time to get some solid study time in. I'd say those are all definite WINS.

Hope you can all enjoy a happy Thursday with me! :)

4 comments:

  1. I can totally hear you talk in my head. I love it.. You are basically here with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how I could imagine just how you said "ANNOYED" haha and also.....you were rockin and I mean capital ROCKIN the skirt today! physiology will come with time no worries...plus you have oodles of study partners so no worries :)

    ReplyDelete