The Merrill's

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thursday's updates.

Man alive! School is definitely in session! It's only week two and I feel as if i've already been in school for half of a semester. 
Today I finally got all of my classes finalized and figured out. I know, right? It took me till week two to do that? Well-here's the thing. The classes for my major are like near impossible to get into. Ridiculous. 

I've been in the process of trying to find a new job. Let me just tell you if you're not a Loganite currently; it's pretty much like the luck of the draw to find a job up here. I love good old Gia's, but it's time for some consistency. 

Speaking of which, this semester i've been turning over a new leaf so to speak in the consistency category. I have to get my butt in gear to make sure I get great grades this semester. Not just "good" grades-GREAT grades. I'm still trying to find study habits that work for me-and ways that I can be completely successful in my academics. It's kind of a rough go. Wish me luck. 

Success is needed in all categories of life, however, and so the strive for perfection is underway. I have a great class that allows me to get back into shape and keep track of my progress. I got called to Linger Longer Co Chair, and i'm looking forward to being involved in the ward again this year :).

STOKED!

The wallet has been a bit on the slim side these days, as i'm sure it is for most students returning to school with all of those major expenses that just wipe us clean. However, blessings come when they're needed and i'm surviving. 
(sometimes your best friend surprises you with groceries and you want to cry, a lot.)

I've been having the usual struggles most young adults deal with:
When am I gonna get married? Why am I not going on dates? Why do I SUCK at school? 

Here's the thing-I don't suck at school, dating is not under my control, and  NEWS FLASH!!:
I'm only 20 bloody years old. 

I had a great friend give my some wisdom last night who's an "older" gentlemen for Utah standards.

 "You know what, I know i'm 24 and most guys my age are married, but I know that there is someone out there for me-and when the time is right, i'll find her."

It was so refreshing to hear a boy say that. To hear a BOY voice the same types of concerns I had, yet relay some hope and wisdom. 
Love it. 

Update!: My mom was able to come and visit this past Labor Day weekend. What a blessing that was!It was so good to spend some one on one time with her and show her what a day in the life of Jess is like. We rented dumb scary movies, pigged out on healthy snacks, made a haul at the farmers market, and did some thrift shopping to furnish Le Apartment. She also got to come to work with  me for a bit! 

I am so lucky to have someone in my life that can be my best friend and mother all in one. She's had a rough go these past few months, and it was so good to see her progress and her positive life outlook. I can always count on her to counsel me on being positive, choosing my own day, and quitting my whining and sometimes just having to buck up. She's my hero in so many ways. She needs to know that. 

Love you Mommy.




2 comments: