The Merrill's

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dealin' and stealin'--minus the stealing part.

Today i'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. 

Okay, if i'm being real-i've been feeling this way for the past like...3 weeks.   

Blah, right? 

Anyway, school is like less than 2 weeks away, and this is the first semester i've handled everything on my own. Financially anyway. Let me just tell you, even though you probably already know: Money is expensive. The other day, SURPRISE, Jessica needed all new tires put on her car. 


There went my rent payment for October. 

So today has consisted of me selling everything and anything I don't need/want. Let's get real--of course I still want these things, but I don't need them. 
Need.
Psh, who 'needs' that word. 
Anyway, my beautiful prom dresses that hold so many lovely memories, (and not to mention some serious money of their own) have been sold for books. 

I kind of need these books. Sucky.
So i've spent most of my day going through my memories and childhood I don't necessarily 'need' anymore, but sure as heck want, and have been selling them off to the highest bidder. 

Sad. Growing up blows. But one day, i'll have a very expensive piece of paper to show for all of this, and I know it will be worth it. 

That's what they tell you anyhow. 

On another note; I am very excited for school to start. It's been an emotional couple of days, and I wasn't quite sure that I would be returning to good ol' USU in the fall. 
However, after some serious thought, prayers, and chats with the loved ones--i've realized I can't keep myself away from that lovely Aggie Blue. 

I miss my old Logan towne. 

This semester holds a lot of promise for me. Anything really can be better than the last semester I shared with Mr. USU. Hopefully he can make it up to me this time around. Of course, I will be surely making some  well needed adjustments for a better Jess.

Here's to fresh starts, every few months or so. :)


Throwback for the day. Goodbye you lovely little thing. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your dress!! Well what once was your dress. And also, renting textbooks is way cheaper than buying. I might be biased because i work at Campusbookrentals.com. But seriously try it if you haven't already. Love you Jess!

    P.s. Yes i may be blog stalking you

    ReplyDelete