The Merrill's

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Amateur Wisdom for Wednesday.

So you know those days where you feel like life lessons are just falling from the sky and hitting you on the head?? 

Well, i've had one of those like..weeks. 
Don't get me wrong. I am so grateful for it. The nuggets of wisdom that have been thrown in my path have definitely caused me to really reflect on my life.

Today I had a really long talk with someone very close to me. In this discussion- things were pointed out to me that I never realized myself. Not all of them were good either. 

It was then that it hit me that without people in your life, whether they be a good influence, a bad influence, or sometimes just a pain in the butt-what they have to tell you and the advice they have to give is often very much worth listening to. 
This said person in my life has definitely been the source of some serious blow outs, hurt feelings, and anger-but in the end, love conquers all. 

 I know what some of you are thinking-and it's not who you're thinking. 

It says in my Patriarchal blessing that those closest to us can be responsible for some of the most abundant of joy -but it is these same people that can cause us some of the worst heart aches. 

I've realized through these people that sometimes we are mean't to have heartache. That without it-we wouldn't be able to as easily recognize the contrast. That without people in our lives to point out the bad, rag on the good, and bring us down-we wouldn't have the opportunity to be lifted right back up. Not to mention showing us how abundant our blessings really are- and we often just don't seem to recognize them. 

Probably now you're thinking: Weird. Mean't to have heartache? You've lost it Jess. 
But really, think about it. Without Christ suffering for us all (the heartache) He wouldn't have been able to show us His infinite love. (the blessing) 

These past few months have provided some pretty vast learning experiences for my young soul. One of which is just that. I am YOUNG. and my soul has A LOT of learning to do. Why would I want to rush it? Just like you can't cram for a test and remember the material an hour past it-the same is such in our own lives. You can't cram for life. Just because you see other people doing what you view as succeeding, doesn't mean they're not learning their own form of lessons. 

Side note: running a mile after you haven't in like...5 months is hard. 

But- we can all do hard things. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment