The Merrill's

Monday, August 27, 2012

Oh, Monday.

Day 1 back=success!!

Turns out I only have one class Mon, Wed, Fri and it's an exercise class. Holla!! Oh, and Institue; so I guess two. 

My room is just about unpacked and decorated. 
I guess that I have a lot of clothes?? Who knew. 

It feels so good to be back up here. I just couldn't peel myself off of campus today. I found myself finding things that I could go do, just so I could stay up there. 

Some great friends and old neighbors came by today, so that was a win. 
We also went around and met all of our new neighbors last night. So far, so good. 

It's gonna be a good year, folks. Can't wait! :) 

Went to the new ward on Sunday, and the lessons were just hitting me like a ton of bricks. That Holy Ghost guy, yeah he knows what's up. 

With a new year comes plenty of apprehensions, lots of stress, and a good amount of fear. Not to mention there's a whole new set of boys you've got to impress, and the tools you've got to avoid. You've got classes and a social life to balance, and let's not forget a job to fit in there. Oh, and sleep. It's really easy to let things get out of hand, and start unwinding into a mess that you can't control.

We talked in Relief Society about how we can look at our trials as learning situations. We can complain and whine all we want- but not trusting that your trials are from the Lord is like not trusting in yourself-or your future. We don't really know what we need. We know what we want, and we know that we can break ourselves trying to make the situations work out, or we can just have faith that Heavenly Father knows what we NEED, and He's going to do everything He can to make sure we get it. 

DON'T COMPLAIN when life doesn't turn out the way WE think it should be going. Nothing drives away the spirit more than murmuring. 

They teach you in sports that the more criticism your delivered, the more you're yelled at, and the harder your coach is on you is a result of them seeing the athlete-or in this case-the person you are capable of. If the Lord didn't care about us, or didn't want us to be happy-He would leave us alone. We would have no trials whatsoever. 

But with a little rain comes a rainbow. Even if they're a little weak and brief. It's still worth the beauty.

So yeah, I had a lot of epiphany's this last weekend. I'm feelin' pretty good about what I learned, and i'm feeling really good about how I'm going to make this Semester. 

Good. I'm gonna make it good. 

Utah State, HEY Aggies all the way! Go Aggies, Go Aggies! HEY! HEY! HEY! 

Okay, got it out of my system. Happy Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment