The Merrill's

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Rebuilding season

Well, the time has come folks. I move back up to Logan tomorrow.

Where the heck did Summer go? I swear I just moved home...time flies. 
I'm supposed to be packing today. Ask if me if i've made much of a dent into that process...

Yeah...no.

Although this summer flew past me without warning, as I look back on it-i'm reminded of all of the things I have learned. Last night I was talking with some good friends, and when it was my turn to do my own updating, the first thing that came to my mind was the phrase; "rebuilding season".

In sports, when a team gets a bunch of new players, or they gain a new coach, or something of this sort- they gain a phrase that we call in sports: "rebulding season". It's basically a glorified way of saying that the team is probably going to kind of really suck in the upcoming year, but it's because they're learning to work with their new players, coaches, and most of all, reshaping themselves as a team.

How is this any different than what we go through? Sure, most of the time we "rebuild" by ourselves and not really in the form of a team. But really, it's the same thing. We are our own team. Us and Heavenly Father.We have to be in the best shape possible to live our life. 

That's what this summer was all about for me. I had some new plays to learn, I had some polishing to do, and i'm still not done. You're never really done learning, growing, or perfecting that 
Swing-
or throw-
or...becoming the person you're going to be forever. 

'....And i'm learnin' who i've been, ain't who i've gotta be."

I've learned that there's "good in goodbye" for a reason. That I can't create my own future because it's already been created for me, and i'm simply here to do the best I can do to receive the amazing blessings promised to me. 

You want to know what's really cool? Heavenly Father put us here on the this earth to do one thing: live. Live to the best of our abilities-Live in the footsteps and example of Him.

Easy? no. Attainable? yes. 
Worth it in the end? I know so. 









No comments:

Post a Comment