The Merrill's

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Friends=Family.

Recently i've been trying really hard to keep a journal. I've been doing pretty good actually, but I find my hand cramping, and my thoughts coming so much faster than I can write them down. 

Blogging, it's so great right? I don't want to be one of those people that are so steadfast upon it at first, and then it die down, so I'm not making any promises. Buuuut, imma gonna try. 


Last night I had the opportunity to spend the evening and received a priesthood blessing from my best friend and her Dad. 

I'm just gonna take a little excerpt here and say how amazing this family is. They are the consistent, loving house that you can always run to at 3 in the morning when you just can't take it anymore at your own. They are the ones that follow all of your boy drama and give you parental advice that you don't have to take, but do, because it's so good. 
Incredible people.

I just have to take this time to bear testimony that friends and people are placed into our lives for a reason. The Lord knows what He is doing. Even if sometimes they leave our lives with us broken hearten, it doesn't mean they weren't there for their time for a specific reason. 

Oh, and the fun part? We get to learn and grow and figure out that reason. Fun part? Nah. Maybe in a few more months. 

I love this quote;
I mean, if that doesn't just speak to your soul, I don't know what does. And come on, Disney never dissapoints.

I love it also because not only will they be able to make someone else happier, but we, being I, can make room for all of those wonderful people that were waiting for a spot to open up for them in my life.

 I've had the opportunity to meet a new group of friends this summer. It's been a little hard I must say. I'm not used to being the new kid. If i'm being totally honest, i'm actually just kind of used to running the show. However, it's really taught me quite a bit. 

For one; my comfort zone has expanded. It's not always bad to be uncomfortable, because uncomfortable sometimes turns into adaptive. And flexible. 

Anyway, I love my friends. They are my family in so many ways and they have gotten me through some of my very hardest times. 

I can't wait to be apart of their lives for a long long time. I hope they feel the same. :)





1 comment: