The Merrill's

Monday, August 13, 2012

Fwef!!

So...here's the thing. I've been trying real hard to keep this whole blog thing a-goin'. Buuuuut guess what, this summer has flown by and guess what I have to show for it? An empty blog, a tired spirit, and a workaholic self. 

Gross, right?

 Anyway, to all of those who follow me (which i'm pretty sure is like, Emily) I'm back. And this time, I'm gonna try real hard to keep ya updated. 

This summer I have been engrossed in work. Two and a half jobs, many hours, and 3 different uniforms later; my summer has come to it's almost end. I am very grateful for the experience i've gained, the memories i've  made, and I guess the extra change in my pocketbook is nice as well. 

Needless to say, I am ready to move back home. And by home, I mean my Logan. I miss that good ol' Logan town and It's Logan ways. Not to say that being in my real home hasn't been grand, because is has. There's just something to be said about a roll down Old Main, a kiss on the A, and a bagel in the hub between classes. That, my friends, is my home. For now.

I can't go without saying however, that I have had a good summer. I've met some great new friends, and have had some great times. :)  
Some old, some new. That's the recipe to life. 

*This summer I enjoyed a slide down the best of what Park City has to offer. 
*I survived an almost Ghost attack, thanks to some priceless spirit beads.
*I got to experience Salt Lake's farmer's market with a great new friend.


Most of all, however, i've had a lot of time to reflect on myself, heal a bit of a broken heart, a torn up knee, and most of all, strengthen my relationship with my Heavenly Father.  

By all means, I am  no where close to perfect. I still have a lot left to learn, accomplish, and experience, but each day is a step closer, each friend is another beloved soul I welcome into my life, and each laugh and tear is to shape me into who I will someday become. 

Anyway, here's to a fresh blog, a new school year, and to many memories to come. 

With the old, and the new. :)




3 comments:

  1. and a proud follower am I :) blog on my friend, blog on..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost my ghost beads yesterday.. And now I'm a little scared. I think they have to be at home. let's hope!

    ReplyDelete